From:
Pat Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2014 14:14:40 -0500
Richard,
I don't know about the particular MFJ product but what are you trying
to tune - the internal tuner in the Kenwood might well tune what you
need.  If your antena is far enough out of resonance to need an
external tuner it might be profitable to adjust it to where an
external device isn't necessary.
Consider those thoughts and do what you think makes sense.
Good luck.
And of course, this is just my opinion.