From:
Jeff Kenyon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2005 19:50:07 -0500
Hi everyone, I was just thinking of something, and this thread has been
discussed on here in the past about programming and searching for PL or DPL
codes from various transmissions.  I've had the Pro-96 digital/analogue
trunking scanner from Radio Shack for a few months, and had the the learning
time with programming it and setting things up, and am about 90% there with
programming, but am going to try and learn some new things, but I just
wanted to point it out that I have found that programming PL and DPL is
really easy, and you can even do it by direct entry!  For PL tones say if
the tone you know of for a particular repeater or whatever is 127.3 you can
just enter in 127 when programming it, and you are set, and searching is
pretty fast as well.  I remember someone saying a while back that they don't
know of any radio where you can directly enter in PL tones or DPL codes, but
do any of the newer HTS have this feature where you can directly enter in
the tones you need?