From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2008 16:11:40 -0500
Hi.

Yes, I remember when NOAA used to give radar reports with enough
information that you could track the progress of an incoming squall line
and make whatever preparations the situation called for--back in the days
when weather radios were really useful.  I just see this as a continuation
of the trend to dumb down our society by providing as little information as
possible.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 08:11 AM 2/7/2008 -0600, you wrote:
>Does anybody remember, and it was not to long ago, when the weather report,
>told you all about the location and progress of the weather making systems?
>Highs, lows, fronts, etc.  Now all we get is forecasts, what not why.  Has
>anybody found a usable place to find that information.  How did this
>Panhandle hook developed?  What was the pressure gradient?  Where is it
>going next?  How did it get so big?  Why was their a massive outbreak?  Why
>did we get up to twenty inches of snow?  All we get is fancy forecasts, and
>no information.
>

>--
>11:54 AM

Louis Kim Kline