From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Dec 2012 11:46:48 -0500
Jim,

I've never had any problems with any of my voice chips, but with the
exception of the one in my TS2000, I've always had sighted help putting them
in.

The chip might be dead, but you might also have bent one or more pins when
you reinserted it.  In any event, it sounds like time for your friendly HRO
doctor to check it out.

Steve