From:
Martin McCormick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2008 11:22:01 -0600
Phil Scovell writes:
>I see colors and shapes as if looking
>into a kaleidoscope.  And for those unfamiliar with such a device, it is a
>cylinder shaped object like a short telescope, sort of speak, which you hold
>up to the light and look into one end to see colors and geometric shapes at
>the other end.

	I remember "mad Magazine" in the sixties did a satire on
hippies and they showed these two guys with cardboard tubes up
to their eyes saying things like "Wow!" and "Beautiful!" and
then it showed another picture of the cardboard tubes and there
was nothing in them and both guys were on acid trips and all
that they were seeing was inside their heads.

	Unfortunately, as one already stated, a hallucination is
a product of the brain, usually in some form of distress or
malfunction.

	As most of us get older, we develop tinitis or ringing
of the ears. That is a sort of hallucination.

	Cocaine users report feeling the sensation of bugs
crawling under the skin and have even cut themselves, trying to
get rid of the bugs.

	The fellow who died recently named Joy Bubbles, formerly
Joe Ingrecia, had apparently done some LSD in his younger days
and was quoted in an article as saying that he was having
auditory hallucinations of dive bombers going after him.

	So, I think the answer to that question is definitely
yes, and for the same reasons as sighted people.

	Phil, I'm glad you made it fine. I work at Oklahoma
State University and we had a kid do some acid about twelve
years or so ago in one of our high-rise dorms. Nobody will ever know
what was going through his head about 8 o'clock one morning as
he climbed out naked from  an eleventh or twelfth floor window
and just plummeted to the ground. In this case, ground was the
roof of a parked car in a lot outside the building. The impact
totaled the car and the young man. It kind of gave me the
creeps because I walk right by that complex each day I go to and
from work.

	I used to have a Bearcat police scanner sitting on my
desk and heard the commotion of radio traffic that occurred
after he fell in full view of workers beginning their day in a
building to the South.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer