From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jul 2011 05:01:57 -0700
From what I've read on the lists, I'd gather a year or so old, but
don't take that as gospel.  Also, it isn't a widespread problem.  You
know how it is, all you read is the bad stuff.  I've seen numbers and
the consensus is it is above an the average rate of failure and the
problem seems to go back to a bad batch of if filters.  I know all of
this is kind of vague, but I really haven't seen a list of serial
numbers or anything.  The only real complaint I've seen is that the
thought is Kenwood should fix the radios out of warranty as it is such a
common failure.  I have two of them and have had no problems at all.
73
Butch
WA0VJR
Node 3148