From:
"Robert E. Martin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Apr 2003 18:28:51 -0400
Hi:

I have sent this message three times today but my Eudora won't mark it as
sent.  Rewrote the address so hope it goes this time.

A friend of mine, who is also blind, passed his Tec. exam a week ago and
now has his ticket.  He bought two used rigs as noted above but is having
difficulty locating particular repeaters or simplex frequencies programmed
for him by a sighted friend.  I suggested that he braille a list of the
order in which frequencies have been entered and that he put a dab of glue
or nail polish at 12 o'clock on the dial face and the first memory
frequency position then rotate or have someone rotate the tuning knob to
the first frequency on the list.  Is there a better way?

Note to Ray MaHorney: He's the famous Mr. Norman Anderson who recently
retired from MSB.  His call is KB3JKI.

Thanks.

Bob Martin
KC3FI