From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 21:49:07 -0400
Well, if you turned it on with the charger in the wrong jack, I can
certainly see that doing a lot of damage, but if you left it off probably
not.  The charger doesn't have the amps to charge the battery while you're
transmitting, it's just not there, if you hook it up to a power supply it
will charge and transmit at the same time, but the charger that comes with
the radio just doesn't have the current to do it, not many can do that if
any I've had some that said they could, but come to find out what they were
actually doing is using the battery current effectively stopping the charge
until it was back in receive which I didn't like either considering that
radio had nicads, or those radios I should say, there were 3 but basically
the same model.