From:
T Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Oct 2008 09:26:17 -0400
Hi, folks.

I don't know whether to classify this as a complaint or an observation, but
I thought some other listers might benefit from what I'm about to share.
And, I consider this to be on topic for the list, because we use the product
often to label our equipment and accessories.

Anyway, I bought some of what was supposed to be "new and improved" highmark
from Maxi-aids several months ago, and have been extremely disappointed in
what I received.  As you may know, the original  highmark is fairly thick,
and forms a nice marking on whatever you're trying to label, as long as you
give it sufficient time to harden.

Well, this "new and improved" stuff is for the birds!  For one thing, it's
almost like a liquid--really kind of runny, and certainly not thick like the
original  stuff.  And, I found that, after letting it dry for 3 or four
hours, it was tstill soft to the touch, and immediately came off the plastic
knobs I was trying to label.

I have a mind to call Maxi-aids and complain, but I'm not sure I'll have the
time, at least for the next few days, because I'll be on professional
travel.

Suffice it to say:  I'm really disappointed, and would suggest others not
buy the new and improved stuff.

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ