From:
Martin McCormick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jul 2011 16:39:58 -0500
Actually, what you describe is precisely what the experts say
about global warming or climate change. It isn't just a case of
everybody's weather getting hotter although it certainly
happens. It is a case of more extreme weather including extreme
cold. The over all average temperature is warmer than it has
ever been recorded but that puts more water in the air and you
get more rain in some places, less rain in others and snow
irregularities such as more in some places and lesss in others.

	We have a state senator from Oklahoma who is a vocal
climate-chage denier who was chortling like a maniac a couple
of years ago when it snowed a lot in Washington, D.C. He
blathered away on TV about what a hoax it all was and even built
an igloo to make his point. The experts basically said, "Yup, we
expected it."

	It mostly means nastier weather everywhere, disruption
to agriculture and bugs and weeds spreading in to areas where
they weren't known before.

	I think climate is changing, but I am not going to get
in to the argument as to what effect people have on it. There is
more CO2 thanks to burning oil and forests and it is likely that
this is having some effect.

	The amount of nitrous oxide in the air is higher than it
was around 1900 due to lots of car tail pipes around the world
and this actually absorbs radio signals around the AM broadcast
band and 160 meters so we do have some effect on our environment.