From:
Danny Dyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 2010 17:44:33 -0400
Hi Fred, Handihams used to and may still have, 2meter J pole antennae, wire
stretched and mounted inside I think 1, inch, PVC pipe with a female coax
plug built into a sealed pvc pipecap at one end, and a sealed PVCPipe cap on
the other.
They used to make them availeable shipped for around $20, if memory serves,
but I got mine in either late 1997 or early 1998, and I'm not even sure they
still have them, but if you're a handihammer, it'd be  worth a check.  Far
as that goes, I'll shoot a note off to those folks to find out.  Let you
know as I find out, and if you can't find what you want, this may give you
another idea.  This one you can use inside or outside, and it does pretty
well, and isn't too expensive, or too hard to fabricate if you have to. HTH,
Danny.