From:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 12 Aug 2007 08:48:11 -0700
Hi Rick,

I would agree totally with Mike's comments to you.  Many of these amplifiers
like this are not something a self respecting ham would want to run on his
station.

I don't know what your friend is charging you for the amp but you can pick
up some very nice equipment indeed on the used market for not a great deal
of money.  For $300 or so you could have a little Heath SB-200 which runs
572B tubes and is a work horse of the first order.  There are also other
older amps available for not a great deal more.  I picked up an Ameritron
AL-80A which is a very good amp, 160 through 10, running a single 3-500Z
tube for just under $600 earlier this year for my back up amp.

Of course, you may do what you wish but I hope you will consider our advice
and purchase a true ham band amplifier.

Good luck with your quest and very 73.

Kevin :)
Amateur Radio:  K7RX