From:
Gale Conard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2012 23:05:10 -0600
First, thanks to all those who responded to my cry for help.

The consensus seems to be, that I should trade it in.  That is under
discussion.

However, the tv belongs to my wife, and she took the only one in the store
that met her requirements for viewing.  Fortunately, she doesn't watch a
lot, especially, since she discovered the joy of reading books on my Victor
Reader.  So, I think we can work out a schedule.

I did some more investigating.  The noise is bothersome across the 80-75
meter band with peaks in spots.  It sounds like a 60-cycle rumble with other
hash between the cycles.  Sometimes, I think I can hear music and/or voices
in the background.  That may be my imagination, though.

I'm not sure about 40 meters, because the line noise is so bad.  It may be
masking the tv noise.  There doesn't seem to be much on the higher bands.

Lloyd, there are already ferrite cores on the tv power cord, and one on the
tv cable.  Would you believe, the cores came with the tv, and with
instructions for installing them.

I do need to check my grounds and shields.  I have been using a Time Wave
antenna noise canceller to combat the line noise for years.  I also have two
noise reducing DSP units in the speaker line, one in the rig, and one
external.

I think I'm just going to have to live with it.

Thanks, again.

73,
Gale