From:
Robert Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2007 23:25:38 -0700
Don, Gary, Lou,
    (I did want this to go to the list but it went to Don only.  LOL)

    Easy stuff first.  The connector is 3 contact, as is the plug on
the headphones I tried.  The wiring diagram in the manual does not seem to
be anything unusual.  The radio is set to speaker/mic im the menu.  Other
two settings are for PC and TNC.  The manual indicates that the radio can
handle headsets, headphones, or speaker/mics.

    Gary, this is a TH-F6A.  What I want is a headset (with boom and ptt)
that is hearing aid compatible.  I am finding it difficult to run down the
specs and have been searching.  I'm guessing that headsets made for my radio
would have a single connector with 2 plugs but dont think it matters if a
headset has separate plugs, as long as its hearing aid compatible.  The
speaker side is 2.5mm and mic side is 3.5mm, probably standard.  Tried a
headphone made for portable audio which has the 3.5mm but I used an adapter,
both are stereo.  Should work.  I dont want to order headsets and find they
are not hearing aid compatible.

Bakers trade bread recipes on a knead to know basis.
Robert & Dreamer Doll  ke7nwn
Newport, Oregon
N24C 3G 8/2000 Hookup
http://webpages.charter.net/dog_guide/