From:
Kenneth Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 13:31:00 -0400
I agree programming the T90 is easy enough without using the software,
but the software was the only way I could figure out how to link a
memory channel to a memory bank.  I use the T90 mostly for listening to
police and fire and I've have several banks set up for different
services.  I now have over 400 channels programmed and could not imagine
setting this up without the software.

If you only plan on entering a few freqs then the software is way over
kill, but if you plan on using the ht as a scanner with hundreds of
freqs then the software will make this easier.

Just as an example of how you can use the memory banks, here's how I
have my T90 configured.

Bank A is programmed with the same memory channels as my V7.  I put in
all 73  2 meter repeater pairs, then I added all the local 6m and 220
repeaters to this bank.

Bank B is also the same repeaters as my v7 UHF and memory 401 of the T90
is the same as UHF memory 1 of the v7

Bank C is Prince George county Maryland (I work in PG county) and I've
tossed in a few other Maryland / DC freqs into this bank.

Bank D is Fairfax and Arlington county including the Arlington trunked
system

Bank E is DC freqs.

I also downloaded the 100 top shortwave frequency list for the Icom R5
and entered them all into the T90 by hand!  I did this because I did not
yet have the programming cable.

Whether or not you have the programming software, you'll find the T90
one of the most user friendly HTs to use and I'm sure  you'll enjoy it
as much as I enjoy mine.

73, Ken - N5SWR