From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Feb 2016 19:20:29 -0500
That's true for many, but not all. I have heard some straight keys, both
domestic and foreign.
I never bought a Win keyer yet, but use an accessory keypad for the FT950
and its 5 internal memories to send frequent stuff. What I must send with
the squeeze paddle is the other station's callsign. This also gives me some
flexibility to space the letters out, adjust the CW speed control on the
950, etc., to make sure the message gets through. 519 QSOs so far, and
counting. Won't be as many as last year because 10 meters isn't nearly as
good, but it's lots of fun. The fact that I'm writing e-mail instead of
staying on the bands must say something. But I probably won't be on the
20-meter phone net tomorrow.
73,

Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, MD
http://lras.home.sprynet.com