From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 2010 06:38:46 -0500
I know, it's exactly what they tell you never ever do, ladder line has to be
vertical, it's not the greatest on 160, but it's the best I can do, with my
limitations of space and height.  I think having a two story house, with a
10 foot tripod, and 10 feet of mast sticking out of that, helps the antenna
work, but work it does.  I can even get out on the blind hams net with it.
Most of my operation is CW, because I get a 20 DB communications efficiency
boost compared to SSB.  That's a lot of gain!  I don't dare run more than
100 watts from here, two many close neighbors, let alone the problems with
the family.  I'd try maybe 200 watts, but no more.
By the way, if the other Howard is listening, what would it take to get that
tr4 running that we sold back and fourth for the same price for ten years?!