From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Mar 2011 16:10:43 -0400
Harvey,

Don't blame extended DST on environmentalists.  Anyone who knows or cares
about the environment realizes that shifting the clocks around doesn't save
energy.  This is just more feel-good politics devised to pretend that we're
doing things to conserve energy when in fact we're doing absolutely nothing.
If we really wanted to conserve energy, we'd stop driving around in vehicles
big enough to have their own zip codes.

Steve