From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Dec 2005 18:36:24 -0500
Hi Ron.

It probably could be done, but it isn't going to be a plug 'n play
operation.  I would think you are going to have to modify some of the
hookup cabling to interface it with the TS450S.  But, it probably could be
done.  These transverters use the 10 meter band as an I F for the VHF
bands.  You wouldn't find them suitable for repeater operation, as there is
a tuning control that you have to peak for maximum output and sensitivity,
and if you are operating split frequencies, they will peak in different
places.  They also aren't built for the kind of duty cycle that you get
with FM.  But they do work for SSB and CW.

Also, take a bit of advice from someone who learned the hard way.  The
front ends on these transverters are not very well protected against front
end overload, and the result was a trip to Amateur Electronic Supply to get
a transverter repaired.  Be careful about other transceivers that you might
have operating on the same band at your QTH as it is pretty easy to blow
out the front-ends on these radios.  I did it with a 35 watt 6 meter AM
transceiver that was on another antenna about 50 ft away from the antenna
that I had left connected to the TV506 transverter.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 01:46 PM 12/5/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Danny,
>
>I wonder if the transverters would work with a Kenwood TS 450.

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]
Work e-mail:  [log in to unmask]