From:
Terry Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Terry Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Mar 2011 09:23:09 -0000
Hi Michael,

I've had my K3 for over a year now and find it pretty usable. The K3 Voice software can help, but to my knowledge, this doesn't yet speak the menu settings.

Button presses usually result in meaningful beeps and I also control the rig via N1MM Logger from the PC.

Our Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB) have transcribed the more meaningful sections of the manual into Braille (initially for myself) and there are text files, I think on the elecraft site that describe the button layout and functions in sufficient detail.

So, after that ramble, my answer to you is yes, it's pretty accessible and usable by blind people. I would appreciate a means of reading the menu functions as I had to get informed sighted help to set up things like QSK time delays, etc. which weren't available to me.

Hope this helps,

Cheers & 73,

Terry, GM3WUX

DESCRIBE ONLINE - IMPROVING ACCESS THROUGH INFORMATION

Terry Robinson B.Sc
82 Albert Rd.
Crosshill
Glasgow
G42 8DR
Tel: 0141 423 2683 - Mobile: 07771 610002
Web: www.describe-online.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5964 (20110317) __________

http://www.eset.com