From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 2008 23:13:08 -0400
Hi Megan.

I don't find myself on HF very much these days, but would be happy to work
you on CW sometime if you want to set up a schedule.  Probably from
Maryland to New York State 40 meters would work best--the path is a little
short for 20 meters.

My CW will probably be rusty.  I started going out with a girl who works in
another department at work about 7 months ago, and it has filled my free
time, so I haven't been very active on the low bands.  The conditions
didn't seem that great anyway.

Last night, for the first time in months, I actually sat down with the
shortwave receiver and tuned through the bands.  I found my CW was really
really rusty, so the practice would probably do me some good.

73, de Lou K2LKK

P.S.  I generally only get to check my e-mail at home on weekends as the
weeks are just too busy.

At 07:34 AM 10/28/2008 -0400, you wrote:
>I would really like to have the chance to talk to more people on the air. I
>learned CW a short time ago and so I have only gotten the courage to talk to
>8 different people on the air so far.
>
>Six of those were participants in the PA QSO Party.  I operated from my
>parent's house in Central Pennsylvania with a dipole hung up in the trees in
>my backyard.
>
>The other two contacts were made here in Maryland from my apartment. My
>Elmer and my neighbor scheduled times to chat with me. They both live
>locally. My Elmer keeps reminding me that I need to try answering some CQs,
>but I've been a little nervous...  But until I do, I won't know how far my
>signal will reach.
>
>The antenna is a wire cut to a quarter wavelength of 40 meters.  It is taped
>around the perimeter of my large studio apartment window. I use two
>counterpoises: one for 40 meters and the other for 20 meters.  I tune it
>with a manual antenna tuner. This system seems to work just fine for the
>local skeds I've had so far.
>
>Since my window faces southwest, I hear a lot more stations in these
>directions.  But again, I really have no idea how far I would be heard. I
>guess I will have to muster up my courage and give it a try sometime!
>
>73 de Megan KB3RGW
>
>On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 6:41 AM, Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> > Wellcome Meagan.  I to enjoy CW.  I'd like to meet you on the air.  I can
> > operate 160 through 6 meters.  Set up an evening time and frequency, maybe
> > others will join us.
> > 73 de wa9top
> >

>--
>4:10 PM