From:
Kevin Minor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Dec 2012 16:10:00 -0500
Hi Albert.

You can definitely use the 71A to crossband an HT to a repeater.  In fact,
be warned.  You can crossband two repeaters together, and you DON'T wanna do
this.  What happens is one repeater transmits and the radio transmits
whatever is on the one repeater to the other.  Then the other repeater keys
and transmits to the first repeater.  This cycles on and on until you turn
crossband off.  I accidently did this once, and I had folks from several
counties looking for me.  It lasted a couple of hours while I was out.  I'm
really careful to check my A and B bands now.

Just letting you and other folks know.

GO CATS!
Kevin Minor, Lexington, KY