From:
"Alan R. Downing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Apr 2015 00:11:33 -0700
While they don't talk, the standard Yaesu rotor control boxes are blind user
friendly.  The front glass comes right off by simply turning it
counterclockwise a very small amount.  With the cover off, the needle is
immediately available for the blind operator to feel.  I have been using
Yaesu rotors for perhaps 20 years now, and I am able to know what direction
the rotor is pointed in with great accuracy.  And if you use a minimum of
force, the needle will not be moved by touching it.  If you really want a
rotor control box to talk, buy a Green Heron and a hampod.  When my new
tower goes up, I will switch from my present Yaesu G2800DXA to a prop pitch
from Kurt, K7NV.  Most hams with prop pitches use a Green Heron control box,
and by simply adding a hampod to your station, you'll be in fat city.  Also,
since I already have a hampod for my Power Master II, I won't have to buy
another hampod because each hampod provides support for two devices.

Alan - N7MIT

Alan R. Downing
Phoenix, AZ