From:
Danny Dyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 May 2006 12:56:56 -0400
Hi Tom, congrats on finishing another teaching year.  Although I've not used
that particular antenna, I have successfully used the Super Antennas MP1,
which is, in effect, a sort of "manual screw driver type antenna."  You
should be able to basically tune for loudest, best, "received signal to
noise sounds on any particular band,   for a ball park start, then try your
swr meter, and tweek with the other tuner if needed.  If you can hang a wire
counterpoise of some sort, it will likely help your operation somewhat, but
you should be able to get some operational fun and effectiveness even
without it.  Keep in touch, I'll be interested to hear your progress, Danny
Dyer, Wb4idu.