From:
Ron Canazzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2008 10:10:43 -0500
Hi Bob and Others,

I used to love the radar reports. I don't know how many picnics I saved or
reasonably cancelled during the summer and how many times I ignored the
TV/commercial nay sayers who kept predicting blizzards that never happened.
The reports used to go something like this:

At 3:45 PM a band of snow showers is developing off Lake Erie.  They are
currently located from 15 miles off shore to 5  miles off shore and are
about 10 miles wide.  Their direction is south by south west and they are
expected over the Buffalo metro area by 4:25 PM.  (These reports were always
taken at 15 minutes before the hour.)

Since the continued compartmentalization and privatization (the agricultural
supplement was privatized and is available on a monthly/yearly basis for a
rather stiff fee.) the National Weather service has been dropping such
valuable tools and replacing them with (as you report) fancy sounding
forecasts that are so vague at times that they could be construed as
astrology.  (Some time in the future, you will have a significant health
issue; some time between midnight tonight and the afternoon the next day, it
will rain.)

Take care.