From:
Dave Marthouse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 15:02:44 -0400
Hi Harvey,

The Maha charger has movable charging terminals that can be moved up and
down as well as side to side.  This will accommodate all types of batteries.
You set the pins for the Kenwood battery.  Then you place the battery on the
pins.  The charger will give off a beep indicating that charging has
started.  When charging is over you will hear a series of beeps.  You adjust
the polarity of the charger with a toggle switch on the front.  There is a
switch on the left side of the charger that has two settings.  When it is
completely forward you can charge the lithium-ion batteries.  When it is
moved to the rear you can charge all the other types.  There is a
temperature sensor on a wire that you place on top of the battery after you
put it on charge.  In addition there is a momentary contact button on the
front left of the charger that starts a discharge/charge conditioning cycle
if required.  I hope this description helps.  73.

Dave Marthouse N2AAM