From:
Keith Reedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 19:42:05 -0500
Hello Everyone,

More than two months ago we began discussing a web site where cheat sheets,
quick guides, and manuals could be gathered and housed for easy access.  I
am pleased to announce that www.icanworkthisthing.com is now online!

We currently have 24 documents in our library which can be downloaded in
the conventional manner or e-mailed to your computer, or to a friend.

Most of the documents which have been sent to us are now in place.  The
remaining documents will hopefully be added in the next several days.

To help you  become more familiar with the concept, I am including a list
of frequently asked questions.

Please enjoy the web site, tell others about it, and if you have something
that you think might be useful to others, feel free to submit it.

On behalf of  Pat Byrne and Gary Lee and myself I want to thank you for
your cooperation.

73,
Keith WA9DRO

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the purpose of icanworkthisthing.com?

This website was created to house: cheat sheets, quick guides and sometimes
entire manuals for all kinds of devices that a blind or visually
handicapped person might want to learn to operate.

What is a "cheat sheet or quick start guide"?

First of all, a cheat sheet and a quick start guide are one and the
same.  You might want to think of them as small teaching sessions written
by someone who has learned to operate the device that you want to learn to
operate.

It is hoped that these cheat sheets or guides will be written in such a
way, that you will feel as if that person is sitting in the room with you
and telling you step by step how to learn to operate that device that is
new to you.

I just have some notes, will that be helpful?

Yes! Any notes that you have on a device that is new to someone will be
most helpful to them.

How do I submit my documents to icanworkthisthing.com?

Click on the link contact us and follow the instructions.

How can I download a document from icanworkthisthing.com?

You may send a document to your e-mail address, or a friends e-mail address
by clicking on the link, "e-mail files", and following the instructions, or
by right clicking on the file and downloading the file in the usual manner.

Keith-WA9DRO
God gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him.
Hudson Taylor