From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jan 2010 16:02:09 -0330
Hi list:

I'm attempting to build an HF remote using the no-ip service to point to my ISP's assigned and dynamic IP address.
The problem is, when I type my no-ip domain in my ham radio deluxe address field, nothing happens, when I type the resolved ip, 69.xx.xx.xxx, again, nothing.
When I type the ISP assigned ip, I can connect with no problems.
I do have the proper port opened on my router and even tried inputting a : plus the port # after the no-ip domain or IP to no avail.
Because this is a free service, the no-ip support team weren't helpful.
I also signed up with Dynamic DNS and I'm getting the same issues.
You get what you pay for in this case and free means little or no support.
Hope someone can help:

Michael De VO1RYN