From:
"Jose Tamayo (KK4JZX)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 4 May 2013 23:29:27 -0400
In fairness to BARD, I contacted them about certain articles  that are excluded.  I don't think it has to do with discrimination.  I was told that some of the material is very technical and they are not prepared to handle it just yet.  They might have been blowing smoke but I take the position  of being appreciative about the service.

I don't work for BARD by the way.  I simply see that there are things we need to consider before stating that things are discriminatory and wrong.  Our sighted peers  will always get the stuff sooner than we do because it is the nature of this environment.   We just need to ask the ARRL to provide this service in Audio because BARD does have to receive the material and transcribe it.  It takes less time to get the printed material out than the audio especially for a third party.

I am not stating this is  right for now but we have to try to be a little fair with something that we receive that is a free service.

For now, I am just thankful to receive the information and hope that we can receive it sooner in the near future.

Jose – KK4JZX