From:
Lou Kolb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Jul 2015 15:05:38 -0400
I don't know about the 590 having a sync detector, Tom, but when I saw that
the K3 receiver had one, it made me decide to go for the AM  filter option.
It was a good move because, even at the 25 watts of AM available from the K3
and from most transceivers these days, I've had some very enjoyable qso's.
And the sync detector provides enough carrier to eliminate selective fading
issues but not so much as to overwhelm the am signal which is usually what
happens when you try to listen to it with the product detector, that is to
say in upper or lower sideband.
Lou Kolb
Voice-over Artist:
Radio/TV Ads, Video narrations