From:
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2014 23:25:15 -0500
Radio Shack no longer carries much of anything in terms of parts,
connectors, or cables. The last several times I needed any of those kinds of
items, I purchased them online. In fact, I received a cable today that I
needed to connect my Auditory tuning gimmick up to my KnightKit SWR meter. I
ended up finding it on eBay. It was shipped from china, including free
shipping, for $7; the best price I could find for the same cable from an
American supplier was $14.95 plus shipping. I absolutely hate purchasing
parts from China, but often I cannot even find any U.S. suppliers, and so, I
have no choice. I must add that many times when I do purchase something from
an American supplier, I pay a premium for it, thinking I am helping an
American company, and I guess I am, but then, we look at the packaging only
to discover that it came from China!

Ron, K8HSY

From: "Howard, W A 9 Y B W" <[log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Date sent: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 20:17:35 -0500
Subject: Re: What is the world coming too?

Jim,

You could buy any cord that has the required quarter inch stereo plug on one
end and anything on the other and then you could cut that connector off and
strip the cable to have the bare end you need.

Howard #3, W A 9 Y B W