From:
"Nathan, Kevin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 14:15:32 -0700
Hi butch,

I had a 746 and sold it to purchase the 2000.  The Kenwoods read the menu
selection and the value to which it is set.  The Icoms do not.  Not having
had this level of access before, I didn't realize how much I missed having
this capability until I recently purchased an IC-718.  AS usable as this
radio is by a blind person, it still acts like a basic Icom in the way menus
are dealt with.  I had to build the cheat sheet I sent around to help with
the process and it still isn't easy compared to using my TS-2000.  It is
just so much more convenient to have the menu number read along with the
value so you can make adjustments on the fly.

I hope this helps and very 73.

Kevin Nathan, Independent Living Coordinator
Dept. of Services for the Blind
3411 S. Alaska
Seattle, Wa 98118
Voice:  (206) 721-6450