From:
PATRICK GORMLEY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jan 2012 21:40:32 -0500
I got a surprise gift for Christmas a Kenwood tmv7a.  I understand that there is a firmware revision to permit me to upgrade it to a tmv71a.  I have the touchtone mic with it and apparently you can't program it from that mic but I'm not sure.  The synthesizer in it is the vgs1.  It seems to have a much better receiver in it than my ic2100H which if it will fit can go in the car since my xyl tina is also a ham.  73- pat kk3f