From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Nov 2009 11:35:23 -0700
Brandon,

I got my novice and general class when living in Omaha and when I was
attending the school for the blind in Nebraska City.  That was back in 1966.
My wife and I got married in Omaha in 1972 and then shortly thereafter, we
moved to Denver where we lived all these years now.  In 1972, I got on 2
meters.  We had just the 94 Omaha repeater, the 82 repeater in Council
Bluffs with the auto patch on it, and, although I didn't have an outside
antenna, the Lincoln 76 repeater and that was it, haw.  I used to often be a
net control back in those days for the Nebraska Phone net, or as it was
called back then, the Nebraska Storm Net.  I can't remember their calls, but
I remember a couple of guys from Norfolk who always checked into the net.
It seems one guy's name was Dean and his call was a W0f something call sign.
We used to have an early morning phone net, a noon net that we always
checked into from Nebraska City, and two evening nets an hour apart that
normally straddled other nets, such as the Nebraska CW net and the region
ten CW net, so we could funnel traffic through the system.  Does the
Nebraska net still meet on 3982?  I tune there often to see if I can hear
anyone from Nebraska but not knowing the times of the nets any longer, I'm
probably not listening at the right times.

Phil.