Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2008 13:34:17 -0500
Hi all,  Thought you all might like more info on the Talk safe product, that
Handiham ran last week.  Sounds interesting.

Hi Gary,

Thank you for your email and your interest in TalkSafe.

TalkSafe is the Bluetooth interface between your rig and a standard
off-the-shelf Bluetooth headset (like you would use for your mobile phone).
Once the unit is connect to your rig (using a rig-specific mic cable), all
you would need to do is 'pair' the headset to make the connection (there are
audible tones that would help you to recognise when pairing has taken
place). Finally, the call pick up/call drop button on the headset becomes
your PTT and as it is a latched system, you would press and release the
button once to transmit and press and release once again for receive.

TalkSafe was originally designed purely for mobile use and as such, is
supplied with a cigar lighter plug to obtain power from the vehicle.
However, this plug could be cut off and wired direct into a battery. I'm
assuming that you want this for base station use (which a large number of
your compatriots are already doing also), so here you have 2/3 options for
obtaining power. The first option is to cut the plug off and connect the red
and black wires to the relevant terminals on your PSU. The second option is
to buy an adaptor socket that the cigar plug on TalkSafe can slot into and
the other end then connects to the PSU. Finally, some PSU's already have a
cigar socket on them, in which case, problem solved!

At present I am in negotiation with a potential dealer for the US, so in the
meantime I'm supplying direct to people on your side of the pond. The price
(depending on the exchange rate) works out to approximately US $ 228. This
will get you a TalkSafe, one rig-specific mic cable (which would need to be
specified at time of ordering) plus shipping.

If I can be of any further help, please let me know.

Best 73's

Gail

Gail Osborne 2E0XRF
Sales & Marketing Director
RPF Communications

The Barns, Bassetts Farm, Bassetts Lane, Little Baddow, Essex, CM3 4BY, UK

Tel: +44 (0)1245 225513/4
Fax: +44 (0)1245 225515
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: www.rpf-comms.com

SKYPE: RPF Communications
Blog: http://rpf-communications.blogspot.com

RPF Communications is a subsidiary of RPF Technical Services Ltd. Registered
address 47 Church Street, Great Baddow, Essex, CM2 7JA. Registered in
England, registration number 4751754. Member of the FSB. VAT Registration
No. 810 2596 54.

This email and any files sent with it are intended only for the named
recipient and may be confidential. If you are not the named recipient please
email the sender immediately then delete this message. You should not
disclose the content, distribute or retain any copies of this message.