From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Feb 2008 14:29:55 -0500
Hi Fred.

I have two comments in addition to Gary's comments.

1.  I have found in my shack that if I hit a frequency where there is any
RF traveling back on the shield of the coax into the shack, the QSYer will
lock up.  Pressing the reset button that Gary mentioned will resolve this
problem until the next time that you have RF in the shack.  This is a
frequent problem on 75 meters on my G5RV.

2.  I find that the battery life is much shorter than I was led to believe
from the documentation, so it might just be a dead 9 volt battery.  That
would be the next thing that I would try if hitting the reset button
doesn't resolve the problem.

By the way, be extremely careful when changing that 9 volt battery.  The
battery leads are very short, and in my case, the sudden jerk of popping
the clip off of the battery was enough to pull one of the leads off the
board.  I sent the unit back and asked him to give me a little longer lead
length on the new clip, which he did, and the problem has not redeveloped.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 05:31 PM 2/21/2008 -0500, you wrote:
>   My millenium QSYER has stopped working and I would appreciate any info or
>help.  I would appreciate it if someone could refresh my memory on how to
>get to the battery.  The instructions mentions about using a paper clip or
>sharp object to push a button to reset the QSYER if all else fails but I
>cannot find a place ore hole to do this. If someone remembers where this is
>located I would appreciate it if you could tell me.  I have instructions
>that I got off the internet but it does not tell me anything about the
>battery.  I would like to get it working without sending it back to John
>Hansen if I can.  Will appreciate any help.
>
>Best wishes,
>

>FRED ADAMS W4HC
>FIGHT TRUTH DECAY
>

>--