From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 May 2013 11:11:46 -0500
One day my eight year old daughter, said Daddy, open your mouth, I have a
surprise for you!  Well foolish trusting me did so, and got a teaspoon of
warm cottage cheese for my trust.  I have promised her that I will tell that
story at her wedding.  No wedding yet, not surprised.

Don't expect children to be adults, and don't allow them to be your eyes,
they will rebel sooner or later and they will have a powerful way to do it.

The other thing she did, was when we went for walks when she was little, she
had to carry and use her own cane.  Not with her sighted Mother, but she
wanted to be like her Daddy.  She was three and used good cane technique.
Now she is a nurse and graduated with a 3.93 GPA.  She understood the world
this way when she was small.
Mommies can see and Daddies can't.  Made sense to her.