From:
Ham Steve <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2006 12:44:55 -0400
Andy,

I don't have the LDG TW-1, but everybody I know who has it is quite
satisfied with it.

I am unclear as to your problem.  It sounds like you have an antenna which
tunes on 160 and 80 meters, but you have a high SWR on 40 20 15 etc.

The TW-1 is only a measuring device.  When it shows a high SWR, have you had
access to another SWR meter?  Do you get similar readings with it, or is the
meter at fault?

If the readings are the same, then the TW-1 is fine and you need to look at
possibly the SGC tuner or maybe a change in feedline length.

I'd suggest putting an antenna analyzer on the antenna in question and
seeing what results you get.  IT may be that the suggested length is not
quite right, as it can interact with surrounding objects.
Steve, K8SP