From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2007 12:59:56 -0400
It depends on the dish, some are chimney mounted, some are on tripods like
mine, some are mounted other ways. I have the dish here, you could probably
put a 2 meter/440 antenna on the tripod mine is on but I don't know if I'd
go too high with it unless it's a low wind environment there. I have a lot
of wind h ere and mine had come loose a couple times but once that was taken
care of it's nice and solid now and a vertical antenna is going to take a
lot less wind load than the dish. I don't plan to find out though, comcast
is a company I hope never to do business with if there's any reasonable
alternative so the dish is staying here. Next time I move, we'll see but
likely it will be the dish or nothing.
Anyway, it really depends on the dish how it's mounted, I think most are on
tripods.