From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 2010 10:32:58 -0500
I created some entropy by starting the net up on 14246.  But the Swan or
Collins net that was on 258 closed down in time for K5GD to start it up
there.  After 15 minutes, K6DQ came down to 246 to tell me that the net was
operating, so I and a couple of others moved up there.

Check-ins I logged on 246 and/or 258 are
AC5TE (Daniel, who works as a technician for the Oklahoma Regional Library)
N0LSD, a mobile in Colorado
KE5PRZ, Lubbock, TX
N6ISL near Seattle
K6DQ near Sacramento
W0KL near Sioux City, Iowa
WA0VJR, Butch in Las Vegas
N9KIW in Colorado
W9CRB (apparently near Las Vegas)
VE7IJJ in northwestern British Columbia
KD7YBL in Wyoming

Of these ops, VE7IJJ was a new person identifying as visually impaired.

I know that Gary had several more stations check in before I got there.
Things were a little chaotic sometimes, because the skip distance is 1,000
miles, and many people were not on their usual frequencies because of the
emergency.
73, and congratulations on the conference.
Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls