From:
Richard Fiorello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Aug 2007 19:03:35 -0500
Hi everyone;
I thought I had all! my echo link problems solved but there are one or two
minor issues that came up when I tried the handihams net a few days ago.
First of all, at one time there was a "beep" whenever someone finished a
transmission which I do not believe was generated by a repeater.  This beep
was rather convenient but haven't had much luck turning it back on.
Secondly, I have found the section allowing you to change the transmit key
from the space bar to something else.  Also you seem to have the option to
hold the selected key down to keep transmitting or just hit and release.
Unfortunately whenever I change either of these settings I don't seem to be
able to transmit.  I set the box to use the right control key and wanted to
hold it down while transmitting.  The only key that seemed to work was the
good old space bar once I selected it.
Any words of wisdom always appreciated.
Richard