Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2007 22:10:20 -0400
Jerry,

It could be.  Consider using the monitor feature with a pair of headphones to
set your level.  Or, alternatively, get a voltage=-controlled oscillator known
as a tuning aid, I think Handi-Hams has them or you can build one from a QST
article.  Connect it across your meter in the 751 and you can have all functions
available including forward and reverse SWR, collector voltage, base current,
ALC, and Compression as well as the S-meter on receive.

Steve
K8SP