From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 2014 11:02:53 -0500
Here is the latest news on wa8rhs!

Dear Bill Meeker Support Team,
I have good news. Bill continues to come back to us slowly but surely. There
is significant
movement now on his left side, leg, and arm and he will sometimes move them
on command.
He also continues to respond to voices. He shakes hands when asked, and
covers his
mouth when coughing. He smiles quite a bit, laughs and is showing his Bill
mannerisms.
He cannot speak yet because the trach is still in. This has been
particularly hard
on me. But all of you who know me, won’t be surprised that I keep on asking
when,
when… Today the nurse came in and before I could say anything, she said, "I
don’t
have an update, I haven’t been here long enough today yet." However, we all
know
the squeaky wheel does get the grease.
I am very happy to report Bill’s sister and brother-in-law are back in from
Michigan,
Maggie and Doc, I fondly call them Magdoc. They are a great comfort to me
and to
Bill as well. My own personal hotshot crew is also still in place, those who
I call
on to cry with, laugh with, and all kinds of other things as well.
Christopher is back in Utah but will be coming back after the fire season,
some time
in early November.
This week promises to be hectic. We need to figure out Bill’s next abode, a
rehab
facility that will help deal with his traumatic brain injury and his
physical needs.
I will report in by the end of the week. Know that even if you don’t hear
from me,
I am still holding all of you close, appreciating your thoughts, positive
energy,
prayers and offers of help. I continued to be reminded in one way or another
how
long this road will be for us.
May I also ask you to hold my brother in your thoughts and prayers. Tough
times in
my world. My brother is in ICU dealing with lung disease. At noon on Sunday
I was
holding Bill’s hand, (at Froedtert); at 4:00P.M. I was holding my brother,
Tom’s
hand, (at Waukesha Memorial),and at 6:00 P.M. I was again back at Froedtert
holding
Bill’s hand.
With much gratitude,
Cheryl