From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 21:55:23 -0400
Hi Jeff.

You really need to run some kind of antivirus software--otherwise you put
yourself and others at risk of having software damaged/destroyed by a
computer virus.  If McAfee is causing problems for you, might I suggest a
program called AVG?  AVG is fairly speech friendly, especially the
Professional version.  However, the "Home" version can be downloaded for
free at www.grisoft.com and works with both JAWS and Window-Eyes.

Make sure to uninstall McAfee through the Add/Remove Programs in your
Control Panel.  Having two antivirus programs running simultaneously is a
recipe for disaster.  A number of my blind friends are running it with
little difficulty.  I, personally, run Norton Antivirus.  It is not what I
would call speech-friendly, but I've figured out how to cope with it.

But, I have looked at AVG, and it does work with speech and does not use
the obnoxious web appearance that most newer programs seem to be turning to.

73, de Lou K2LKK