From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 May 2013 19:56:17 -0400
The 20-meter band sounded rather dead when I first checked it.  But
conditions were surprisingly good, with a mix of sporadic-E and F-layer
propagation.  And Kelvin, M0AID, heard me off the back corner of my beam, so
we had a nice QSO (after I turned the beam to Europe) before 1955Z.  I don't
know whether he heard anyone besides WB9R, but I suspect that the QRM level
in Europe reasserted itself after I turned my antenna back to the west.
Thank you to KG4ITD for relays.  And another blind person happened across
the frequency, Raul Midon, KB4ZOT/3.  Check-ins today were:
W3IUU
M0AID, Kelvin, southwest England
WB9R
W6PR/0, Lohrville, IA