From:
Jim Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 2016 13:45:04 -0600
I have a JAWS question.  When using JAWS with JJRadio, I can put my cursor
on a digit of the frequency and hit up or down arrow to move the frequency
according to the selected frequency digit.  Unfortunately, when I do that,
JAWS speaks the field I'm in, which is the main JJRadio frequency display.
This happens with every press of an arrow key.  Thus if changing the
frequency from the keyboard, JAWS is babbling constantly.  The only way I've
found to stop it is to turn speech off entirely and just use the braille
display to read the frequency.  That works fine for me, but it would be very
annoying to someone using speech, especially when controling a radio such as
the Flex, which has no tuning dial.

What I'd like to do is turn off that automatic speaking, and then I can
request the frequency with something like the say-word key sequence.
However, I can't figure out how to disable the automatic speaking of the
field when I hit an arrow key, causing it to change.  Any thoughts?
--
Jim Shaffer, KE5AL
Pflugerville, TX

---