From:
tom behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Jul 2011 09:39:19 -0400
    Thanks, Steve.

It was good to work you last night on 40 meters as well, despite having to
fight through all of the static crashes from the storms that were between
Michigan and your part of Pennsylvania.

I wish I could be on the 20-meter net today from here at the home QTH, so
that others could hear the 590 and give me their reactions, but we are about
ready to head out to the RV camp site, and will be having dinner out there
with friends right about at net time.

Never enough hours in a day, or a week, for that matter.  (grin)

Regarding the firmware upgrade, I looked at the documentation, and didn't
personally find it necessary, although folks on the TS590 list say that
sometimes little tweaks exist in the updates that do not show up in the
documentation.

I may do it at some point, but probably not right now.

73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ