From:
Ron Canazzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2008 16:07:39 -0500
Hi Steve and others,

I don't want to sound argumentative, but just what do you mean when you say
it's not configurable?  I registered and I can do the following:

1.  Save speech settings and rate;
2.  Configure punctuation;
3.  Use the scansoft voices available with SAPI 5 (I hate Microsoft Sam or
whatever the blank they call him <g> and I like Scansoft Tom so that's
cool;)
4.  These settings load when I log-in (now that I am registered;)
5.  If by configure, you mean make changes to scripting in programs, well
that's technically true.  To my knowledge (and I have downloaded the help
files) you really can't do that, but depending on just how you want to
describe it, even with JAWS and Window-Eyes, you can't configure everything.
It suffices to say that there is considerably less configuration capability
with System Access To Go, but it is not totally void (see above.)
6.  There must be some sort of pre-sets (help doesn't say much about this)
since in Outlook Express, Notepad and WordPad, for example, functionality is
roughly equivalent to major screen readers--while in my editor of choice,
NoteTab Professional, functionality is minimal.