From:
"Bob, K8LR" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob, K8LR
Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 2014 11:30:16 -0500
Hi,

I've been quite busy helping my xyl and doing house work, but I finally got
a chance to read a lot of the mamual yesterday.  The scanner can install
software to your pc that manages the favorites lists and can update the
scanner's firmware and the national frequency database through the USB port.
I finally figured out how to adjust the volume and squelch and that helps.
Though everything is setup through a menu, sighted help would be very
helpful in initial setup.  It is sure easier to use than the older home
patrol1 that Uniden still sells.  The BCD436 is loaded with features, but
they are not easy to access.  You change the menus by rotating the top dial
and there are two beeps at the scanner options menu.  To get the scanner
started, all you have to do is enter your zip code in the proper menu and
the scanner will start receiving public service stations.  You can use the
Sentinel software that the scanner installed on your PC to set up favorites
and priorities.  That's all I know right now.

Bob, K8LR, [log in to unmask]