From:
"Alan R. Downing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Aug 2015 13:34:22 -0700
Good afternoon list.  The amp that I mentioned on this afternoon's 20 meter
net, is the OM Power OM3500A.  The OM Power line of manual and auto-tune
amps are sold in the U.S. by Array Solutions.  The OM2500 (manual tune) and
OM2500A (auto-tune) amps are imported into the U.S.S., but the OM3500 and
OM3500A pair are not.  While the 2500 and 2500A are type accepted by the
FCC, the 3500 and 3500A pair are not.  My friend Stan somehow managed to
import his OM3500A several years ago, and since he hasn't been using it
much, he asked me if I would have any interest in it.  The OM3500A uses a
pair of Russian GU78B ceramic tubes, which have a plate discipation of 2500
watts each.  One interesting feature of the OM2500A and OM3500A is that the
knobs on the front of the amp turn while the auto-tune mechanism is
operating.  Needless to say, I am anxiously awaiting delivery of the
OM3500A.  Speaking of Stan, he and his wife leave Hawaii tomorrow afternoon
and will arrive in Atlanta bright and early on Tuesday morning.  While in
Atlanta, they will pick up the Henry 8K Ultra that I had shipped back there
for service.  With the Henry loaded into the back of the rented Chevy Tahoe,
they will drive to their new farm in Molino, Florida.  Stan expects to be on
the air with his 85 foot mobile tower with a SteppIr DB18E by Wednesday
afternoon.  And then, the massive construction project begins.  I can't
wait!

Alan - N7MIT